At Brymec we recognise the importance of credibility, integrity, and trustworthiness in our success as a business. We are committed to upholding high ethical standards in all our operations, everywhere in the world. We believe in the principles of honesty, fairness, and respect for individual and community freedoms. The ethics of our UK operations are demonstrated through responsible:
- business processes
- corporate governance
- custom and practice
- quality management
- safe working practices
- corporate social responsibility
- facility management
- equality & diversity
- anti-bribery & corruption
- employee care
The Ethical Trading Initiative Code forms the basis of this policy.
Additionally, as we expand our network of suppliers to source products globally, it is increasingly necessary to ensure that the organisations that we undertake business with also meet our expectations of standards of supply.
As a minimum Brymec Ltd expects its supply partners to comply with all local laws and regulations and to respect internationally recognised human and labour rights as well as international initiatives for climate change.
In particular we require that suppliers ensure:
- Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and meet the required local wage and working time laws
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- No discrimination is practised
- Employment is freely chosen
- Children are not employed, and local minimum age rules are in place
- Freedom of Association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- No improper advantage, including the payment of bribes.
- Packaging and waste are subject to recycling and safe disposal guidelines
- That all sourcing of materials and manufacturing processes are subject to sustainability and renewability rules
Brymec carry out initial assessments and, on agreeing terms of business, provide the criteria against which the company has been measured by way of regulating ongoing requirements.
Brymec then carry out periodic on-site audits to ensure that compliance is maintained.
Brymec will work with its suppliers to guide and advise them in maintaining and improving required levels of environmental standards.
The Brymec Sourcing Director has responsibility for this policy and will report to the management meetings on any issues arising.
A copy of the full Ethical trading initiative can be found at www.ethicaltrade.org.