Brymec Warranty Terms & Conditions
Products manufactured and supplied by Brymec Ltd are warrantied against material or manufacturing faults for the duration of the relevant warranty period as set out in the section headed Manufacturer’s Warranty, subject to these terms and conditions.
During the warranty period any product or component which is proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture may at Brymec’s option be repaired, replaced or refunded, providing that Brymec have authorised or carried out the repair or replacement. This shall be the sole remedy of the customer.
Consumers statutory rights in relation to the sale and purchase of goods are not to be adversely affected by this warranty.
PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION
The Manufacturer’s Warranty will commence from date of delivery, unless the installation is made more than six months from the date on which the product was dispatched by Brymec, in which case the warranty period will commence six months from the date of manufacture.
The product must be purchased and installed within The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
The product must be correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for that product.
Any warranty claim must be made immediately upon the customer becoming aware of an issue and within the warranty period.
The claim must be made in writing and should include the following information;
- product details, including description, part number and serial or batch number where applicable
- original purchase details, including order and/or invoice number and date of purchase
- full description of issue, including photographs and a summary of the application and use.
Brymec reserves the right to inspect and test the goods before accepting the claim.
Brymec may also require the product to be independently tested before accepting the claim.
Brymec shall not be liable for any products’ failure to comply with the guarantee set out in paragraph 1 in any of the following events:
- the product has not been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s user instructions. Proof of maintenance is required to validate a warranty.
- once installed the product must not be moved or re-used in any way unless authorisation has been provided by Brymec in writing.
- the product has been used after notification of claim
- The failure is evidenced to be as a result of normal wear and tear
- The failure has been caused or increased due to incorrect storage and handling or accidental damage
- The product has been subject to vandalism, misuse, sabotage or exposure to extremes or abnormal conditions
- The product has been altered in any way post-sale
- The damage has been caused by third party components
- Product has been installed without regard to applicable statutory or regulatory requirements, or standard industry practices and/or working guidelines.
- Damage to a product is solely cosmetic in nature
- Where the product has a serial number, if the serial number has been removed or defaced
- Products sold or installed outside The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
Where Brymec choose to supply an alternative branded product (i.e. not Brymec branded) this will not be covered by this warranty unless expressly stated in writing.
REPLACEMENT / REMEDY
If a refund is agreed this will be at the original invoiced value of the defective product and will not include installation costs or consequential loss.
The warrantied period will not be extended even if a product or part is repaired or replaced.
If Brymec replace any component or product, the part or product removed will become Brymec property.
Brymec will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried out on the product or installation, or other remedial works, unless such work has been approved by Brymec in advance of it being carried out.
Should a warranty claim be proved to be invalid Brymec will return the product(s) concerned to the customer on request or dispose of them responsibly if no longer required.
|Threaded Steel Tube||3 Years|
|Brymec Press Systems|
|- Copper Press||25 Years|
|- Stainless Steel Press||30 Years|
|- Copper Press Gas||25 Years|
|- Multi-Layer Composite Pipe & Fittings||25 Years|
|Brymec Valves||5 Years|
|Plastic PVC Drainage||10 Years|
|CSST (Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing) System for Gas||10 Years|
|Brymec Cast Iron Range||10 Years|
|HDPE Drainage||10 Years|